Freshmen Housing Application & Assignments
Admission to University of Colorado Boulder and confirmation of attendance is required before submitting a housing application. Contact the University of Colorado Undergraduate Admissions office to verify admission status. Housing & Dining Services is only able to respond to items related to housing.
Confirmed admitted students are eligible to apply online for CU housing. Click Apply and be ready with the following information:
- Identikey and password - if you have difficulty with this step go to the CU ITS website.
- Credit card to charge the $300 non refundable security deposit.
- Special considerations including health concerns, physical limitations or disabilities, or other special needs that should be considered in making your assignment (medical documentation may be required), should be included in the appropriate section of the application.
- Students that are under the age of 18 must complete a Parental Consent Form (pdf).
- Contract duration is for full two semsters of the academic year or, if the application is submitted after the year starts, for the remainder of the academic year.
- Include six housing assignment preferences on the application. We do not guarantee that we will be able to accommodate your preferences or roommate selection, however we will do our best to accommodate your requests.
- Meal plan request – Freshmen are eligible for either the 19 or 15 meal plans
- Optional - open Campus Cash account to beused for dining, vending, laundry, and printing anywhere on campus where Campus Cash transactions are accepted.
- Roommate requests are granted when space is available, the requests are mutual, both applicants are eligible for the halls/programs being requested, the same halls/programs are being requested, and both requests are received prior to April 1, 2013.
All new freshmen are guaranteed a housing assignment. If you need a printed housing application, contact Occupancy Management at 303-492-6673; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assignments are made on a first-come, first-served basis using the date the completed housing application is submitted.
- Notification of assignments occurs from March - August of each year.