Freshmen Housing Application & Assignments
Admission to University of Colorado Boulder and confirmation of attendance is required before submitting a housing application. Contact the University of Colorado Undergraduate Admissions office to verify admission status. Housing & Dining Services is only able to respond to items related to housing.
Confirmed admitted students are eligible to apply online for CU housing. Click Apply and be ready with the following information:
- Identikey and password - if you have difficulty with this step go to the Office of Information Technology (OIT) website.
- Special considerations including health concerns, physical limitations or disabilities, or other special needs that should be considered in making your assignment (medical documentation may be required) should be included in the appropriate section of the application.
- Students that are under the age of 18 at the time of submitting their housing application must complete a 2015-16 Parental Consent Form (pdf).
- Please have a credit card available to process the $300 housing security deposit.
- Contract duration is spring semester 2015.
- Meal plan request – Freshmen are required to hold either the 19 or 15 meal plan.
- Optional - open Campus Cash account to be used for dining, vending, laundry, and printing anywhere on campus where Campus Cash transactions are accepted.
- Assignments are made on a first-come, first-served basis using the date the completed housing application is submitted.
- We do not guarantee assignments to a particular building and/or program, type of accommodation or with a specific roommate.
- Roommate requests are granted when space is available, the requests are mutual, both applicants are eligible for the halls/programs being requested and the same halls/programs are being requested.
- Notification of your assignment will be emailed to you.