Withdrawing from the University

How to Withdraw from the University

If you decide to leave the university while living in the residence halls at any time, you need to withdraw from both your classes and housing. The processes are separate and both need to be completed before leaving campus.

First, for instructions on withdrawing from classes, go to the information provided by the Office of the Registrar.

Next, visit your hall office to notify your hall director that you intend to leave the university.

The hall director will assist you with the steps you need to complete before leaving. This will include:

  • Move out all personal posessions from the room
  • Return keys including mail key and room key
  • Clean the space for a new occupant
  • Complete a room damage form with your RA

Failure to officially check out of your room may result in additional charges or fees.

For additional information or questions, contact your hall office.

© The Regents of the University of Colorado