Hallett Hall is offering several new living and learning communities to students in fall of 2017 and Residence Life is looking for peer mentors to help support these programs.
In addition to the Spectrum LLC, we are introducing the Lucile Buchanan LLC and the Multicultural Perspectives LLC. Individually, these programs provide community and programming to LGBTQ students and allies (Spectrum), black-identified students and their allies (Buchanan) and students dedicated to social justice and diversity issues (Multicultural Perspectives). Collectively, they will provide a dynamic and inclusive living environment for a wide variety of students and staff interested in developing themselves and supporting those around them.
Peer mentors will:
- Foster a safe and positive environment for all students
- Connect residents to various advocacy and campus resources
- Help residents grow through intentional, individual and group dialogues
- Challenge students to think critically about social identities, develop meaningful relationships and become more self-reflective
- Support students in feeling valued, included and welcome
- Plan activities that help bring positive change
If you're interested in this enriching and challenging opportunity, view the full position description and qualifications.
The application is open from Wednesday, February 8 through Tuesday, February 21, 2017.