Preparing for Move-Out
|May 3 - May 8, 2014|
Last Meal Served for Spring Semester (dinner at Center for Community)
|Thursday, May 8, 2014|
Residence Halls Close for Academic Year
|Friday, May 9, 2014 at 1:00 p.m.|
NOTE: Students must check out of their residence hall within 24 hours after their last final exam, so please plan accordingly.
- Schedule an appointment with your RA to complete your room damage checklist
- Ensure your room is clean and clear of belongings
- Remove any items you have in storage
- Review the room cleaning
- Turn your mailbox key into the UPS Store to avoid a key charge
- If you wish to have your mail forwarded, make arrangements with the UPS Store
- Make sure those who send you mail are aware of your new mailing address
- Residents with confirmed housing who are returning to the residence halls in the fall may store luggage for the summer when secure storage space is available.
- Students should storage luggage in the residence hall to which they are assigned for the fall.
- Occupancy Management will provide a list of all returning students and their fall assignment to Residence Life by Wednesday, March 31. NOTE: Storage may not be available in certain halls due to construction.
- Returning residents may make arrangements to store items in alternate halls if space is available.
- Storage space availability is not guaranteed to residents.
- Students are encouraged to use the off-campus storage services, including the preferred provider, UPS. Storage is under ADDITIONAL PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- ONLY SUITCASES, TRUNKS AND WELL-SECURED BOXES THAT ARE CLEARLY TAGGED TWICE WITH NAME AND HALL MAY BE STORED. Storage Agreement Forms in duplicate (one for the resident and one for the hall) must be signed. Perishables, highly flammable materials, tires, guns, explosives, loose items, clothes on hangers, bicycles, empty cartons, furniture, loft material, carpets, lumber, refrigerators, or very small containers MAY NOT BE STORED.
- Many options are available to students for shipping belongings, including USPS, FedEx, UPS, and DHL. CU's preferred provider is UPS.
- The responsibility for making arrangements for shipping and getting luggage to the pick-up point lies solely with the individual student. Hall offices will not accept/hold packages from students awaiting shipment via UPS or other means.
- Housing & Dining Services and UCSU Environmental Center are partnering with a vendor to divert re-usable and recyclable items from the trash. This includes:
- The Environmental Center will provide barrels, placed in lobbies and common areas of each residence hall, in which items may be placed.
- Large items such as cinder blocks, futon frames, furniture, or other items made of wood or metal should be placed on the ground near designated recycling areas outside of buildings (neatly please).